Finding Solution to Electrical Problems, Here are some free tips from us …
Your Ultimate Guide to Finding Solution to Electrical Problems
In light of a study published by the Electricity Safety Foundation International, it is found that up to 50,000 avoidable home fire hazards are caused by electrical malfunctioning on annual basis. This necessitates the need to impart you on insightful methods by which you can identify electrical problems in your building.
Signs that Prove Electrical Problems in your Building
- Strange Odour: Newly bought electrical appliances may emit new odour. Perhaps, this could be traced to the paints or other material used in the manufacturing process. However, if you perceived any strange odour from your old electrical devices, outlets, breaker panel or fuse, ensure all that is applied to it is unplugged till the issues is verified and rectified by a professional electrician.
- Arc Faults: This is caused by a deflection in the direction of an electrical circuit. This change in direction can be traced to a wiring breach. However, you will need the service of a certified electrician to prevent arc fault via the installation of arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI). The use of AFCI should be highly prioritized in homes that have faded electrical wires.
- Fake Electrical Products: If you are so conscious of cost-efficiency to the extent that you find pleasure in buying counterfeit electrical products at extremely low prices, you should be prepared for a serious electrical problems someday.
- Heated Light Switches or Sparking Cables: If you have a heating sensation when you touch your light switches or you find your electrical outlets suddenly or occasionally sparking, that is a sign you need the attention of an electrician in your area.
- Droppings from Rodents: Electrical wiring can be a nutritional property for mice and rats. Definitely, an uncovered or damages can pose a serious hazard in your home. If you see any pieces of any material eaten by rodents in your area, ensure you check if there is any damage on the electrical wirings. For thorough examination, you may call an electrician.
- Problems of Circuit Breaks: The function of circuit breaker is to indicate when a circuit is overloaded. If circuit break trips once in a while, it only means there is overload. However, if it trips consistently, it means there is a necessity to call a professional electrician that can help you examine the whole electrical system of your area.
- Noisy Electrical Outlets: A normal electrical outlet ought to work without giving any buzzing sounds. In cases where your outlets keep giving buzzing sounds, switch off all power and call an electrician.
- Consistent Flickering Lights: The function of a flickering light is to reveal a power surge. A power surge may imply a warning on a catastrophic event or a warning on electrical demands that the system cannot meet. Any of the case it is, you will need the service of an electrician is it becomes consistent.
- Persistently Hot Ceilings: Occasionally verify the thermal insulation of your ceiling. If it is always generating heat… that implies the ceiling lacks insulation. If not quickly rectified by the bulb prescription of an electrician and thorough evaluation of the ceiling area, there may be a loophole for a fire hazard.
The Implication of Getting the Wrong Electricians
When it comes to hiring an electrician, one has to be very careful. For example, the dangers that can arise from an improper grounding of electrical circuit can lead to threat of life and monetary loses.
- Dimming Lights: One of the negative effects of using an incompetent electrician in your home is that lights will give a dimming reaction. This is merely a symptom for a more destruction on the electrical appliances connected to the electrical system. It usually leads to the destruction of refrigerator’s motors, under-heated ovens, ineffective heaters, and many more. You end up spending more than it budgeted for.
- Electrical Shock: In cases where a hired electrician did an improper grounding, it usually causes electrical shock. This is how it works: the flows of electricity in circuit are directed towards earth or the ground. In cases where the ground from the utility company is not functional, the electrical flows takes an alternative route to the back-up safety system below your home. If this alternative probe is not also effective, the electrical flows will be forced to create another route to the ground or earth. The route it is forced to create is usually detrimental because electrical circuit flow from socket to finger, hand or any part of the human body to the ground. A severe electrical shock can lead to death.
- An Increase in Electricity Bill: One of the mistakes that an incompetent electrician can make when making an electrical grounding is to use faulty or outdated wires. When this happens, the carrier wire (hot wire) that carries the electrical voltage usually touch a ground wire before it transmit voltage to your homes. If this hot wire is not well protected, it will come in contact with a grounding wire, damp earth, metallic pipe or any ground. With this contact, electricity will continually and unrestrictedly be released to the ground. This will lead to waste of electricity power and high electricity bill.
Why you Need EmerGenie App
EmerGenie app will give you access to electricians that are not only certified in the required fields but have also been professionally and practically authenticated. The agency has the capacity to communicate with electrical engineers in the technical language they understand. The app saves you the stress of searching for electricians in the digital space or in your physical environment.
EmerGenie app is a downloadable app that is absolutely user-friendly. In it, you can get several professional services, make payment, and send your reviews.